It’s been a busy month so far at Perry Wellness Center. Readers have been kept posted on several seasonal events, including:
- Participating in the downtown Americus Christmas parade and awarding of first prize for best float to Perry Wellness Center for its Frosty the Snowman float;
- Delivering Christmas trees as appreciation gifts to local law enforcement agencies, mental health programs, and homeless shelter;
- Hosting the annual Cheer Up the Blues open house for peers, staff, and the local community, featuring music, refreshments, shopping, and a visit from Santa;
- Planning upcoming Christmas parties for peers and staff and attending the Americus Civitan Club Christmas party for peers;
- Selling Christmas trees and other seasonal items at Rudy’s Happy Patch Market, featuring a parking lot decorated and lit for its special display of northern firs.
Speaking of tree sales, signs mounted on campus gates and fences not only advertise the trees for sale, but proclaim a message for the season. “Buy a Tree, Change a Life,” the message begins. “Help Give Hope This Christmas.”
Christmas CAN be a season of hope, especially when a community reaches out to those in need during the holidays. Perry Wellness Center is blessed to be part of such a community.