- Assemble your materials: a foot urn or raised pot, steel wire, commerical planting cloth, planting soil, and your favorite flowers.
- Place the urn or pot in your chosen area.
- Make a cylindrical tower rising from the pot, using the steel wire.
- Line the inside of the wire with planting cloth.
- Fill the towers with the potting soil (tip: add Black Kow for great results).
- Cut narrow strips in the planting cloth.
- Carefully plant the flowers in the strips.
- Plant additional flowers or green plants at the base and top, as desired.
- Lightly water the finished creation.
Jeff tells us that the finished planting should cover the tower in about 3 - 4 weeks. Depending upon the amount of heat and rainfall the plantings receive, your water frequency will vary.
In the photo, Jeff and Connie Rutherford work toward completion of a flower tower in Hope Park.