If you live in the area, please accept our invitation to attend Perry Wellness Center’s annual Cheer Up the Blues holiday celebration. Tomorrow evening, December 19, from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., we’ll be holding our open house and gala event at Rudy’s Happy Patch Market and around the Hope Park area.
This year’s event includes:
- Miniature trees and goodie bags. Come early and get some Christmas swag! This year, we have miniature pine trees that we’ll give away to our first 250 visitors, along with a large assortment of goodie bags with – well, goodies!
- Christmas carols. Harp playing in the market? Absolutely! Few holiday activities can beat the singing of Christmas carols to live music in the crisp December air.
- Photos with Santa Claus. Bring the kids and get their picture taken with Santa, who will be on hand, bringing his own special jolliness to help cheer up the blues.
- Raffle drawing. If you have a raffle ticket for one of our $30 gift cards for gasoline, then you’ll want to be at our drawing for the winners. WISK-radio will conduct the drawing as part of its live remote from the campus.
- Market and campus browsing. Stop by at the market to buy a poinsettia or Christmas craft. And take some time to stroll around the campus and see all our latest improvements, from a new arbor to our rock stream and koi pond. The new fire pit should also be popular if temperatures are nippy!
Remember: as much fun as we have at each holiday celebration, Cheer Up the Blues was created over a decade ago to bring public awareness to the problem of depression—which is often particularly severe during holidays. Help us banish those blues for one special night in Americus. Hope to see you there!